Monday, February 23, 2009

Moving to Gig Harbor WA!








We are moving to beautiful Gig Harbor
next weekend! For those who don't know Gig Harbor,
it is a small forest community out on the Puget Sound
in the Olympic Peninsula just across from Seattle... lots
of rain, trees, ocean, lakes, mountains, bald eagle and LANDSCAPE
PAINTING!! I plan to break out the old easel and oil paints so I can
start painting large again. I will also be set up to work from
home as a remote artist for Dreamworks. These are some
photos I took of our house and the surrounding areas
of Gig Harbor.






40 comments:

  1. Hi Mike,

    I've enjoyed your blog for the last couple years. I live in the Burbank/Glendale area, so I'll miss your renderings of the local sights, but what an awesome place you're moving to.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two shots from the top are simply Fantastic!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Mike! Sounds like a great arrangement to me -- and what a great landscape to paint. I'll be checking your blog to see what you post. -- Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Gig Harbor! I hope your family likes it here as much as mine does. Gorgeous home, too! I'd love to feature some of your art on my community blog sometime: http://GigHarborUndressed.com (it's G-rated, just a funny name!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mike, the place looks great. Let me know when you get settled and I'll come up and paint with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mike, i'm an old student of yours from art center. Welcome to WA. Any chance of a landscape workshop or class in the seattle area? Beautiful place btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Marty! I will get in touch with you as soon as I settle in.
    Great to hear from you!!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Steve,
    I do plan on teaching some workshops there but haven't had the time to put it together yet.
    I will post details as soon as I can.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great to hear that you've moved to WA. I'm young kim and also one of your students in art center. I can't wait to have workshop with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mike, great news- can't wait for the workshops. Let me know when you have more details, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Mike! these shots are beautiful, such a nice house in such landscape.
    All the best to you and your family, I'm sure you will all enjoy the experience, a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks beautiful Mike! :) I expect some amazing landscape paintings! -jason

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too bad you won't have any landscape subject matter to paint up there...wait. Oh, yeah. Freaking Washington is going to be amazing for a painter like you! My friend has lived in Gig Harbor for years and loves it. All the best to you and I hope to see some Gig Harbor-inspired paintings soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow..it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Esa casa y esos paisajes parecen sacados de una pelicula..Felicidades por ese bello lugar!
    Rita Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous11:20 PM

    Ah man! Well I enjoyed working with you on s4. You've got some amazing work. I have some of your paintings from the show up at office. Enjoy WA.

    John McInnis

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mike,

    welcome to Seattle! I am a recently graduated art centerite who has admired your work for a long time. I have had countless fellow art center peers who have taken classes and/or workshops with you and I have always wanted to do the same but you stopped teaching before I was eligible to take the course. Alas!

    I hope your transition into seattle is a seamless one! Once again, welcome welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AMAZING!!!! finally a place were you can extend your legs!!!!

    hope to visit you soon up there...but if i go, i will end up to buy the house close by!
    i miss you too, big brother! i wish you a lot of happiness and kick ass paintings.

    see you.

    ch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mike,
    How about a blast from the past? It's Beth Burke now Breyfogle. I attended a production of "Guys & Dolls" yesterday that three young men from my church were cast. It brought back HS memories and so I began looking up names of people I remembered in the AHS production.

    I'd love to get in touch with Lenore and Natalie. I am definately going to add your blog and Edmond's blog to my links.

    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Have a grrreat time Mike. Looks like a beautiful place to paint. Congratulations on your show.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your new house looks beautiful! I'm totally jealous, btw awesome awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a amazing looking place to live. Can't wait to see some of your new paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Judging by the house, a successful artist! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good lock for you new home...
    Congratulations for your site, very nice...
    Don´t forget to visit my blog and coment.

    beste resgards

    Márley

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a BIG HOUSE !!!


    mazing... I'm jalouse

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Mike,
    My husband and I moved to The Gig last year -- also SoCal transplants. Are you enjoying your new home? I like your photos. Where did you take the shot of the waves?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Lynn,

    We love it here...it's feels like a permanent vacation! The photo's of the waves were taken at Copalis beach.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Mike, How's things with you? Great pics! I miss ya man!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey Axel! Things are great here...how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Mike,
    wow nice place you moved to, looks like a really relaxing environment :)

    where are you going to be doing your workshop?

    ReplyDelete
  32. damn, that's a luxurious life!

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow - amazing house in a great location! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous2:25 PM

    Hello Mike, these are some beautiful photos , i just love the outdoors, thank you for sharing this pics with us :)

    Mike were you once in the Marines ?


    Sta Safe,

    Chelle.

    ReplyDelete
  35. these images make my heart ache for home!! what a beautiful state! ---sometimes.. hope ur well mike!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh you lucky so-and-so! Gig Harbour's one of the sweetest communities on the Peninsula. Color me ten kinds of jealous. May you enjoy the Pacific Northwest to the fullest and may that land treat you kindly. You'll be missed. I got an awful lot out of that demo you taught at LCAD. Thank you for being so willing to give back.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous4:46 AM

    I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a
    famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    My weblog :: www.bloggerjogja.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you very much brother for sharing this information Cara Alami Menghilangkan Jerawat Batu
    Information you provide us to we very very good and very useful Obat Pengapuran Tulang Sendi Herbal
    Always update your new other informations the very nice and very good Obat Tumor Rahim Alami

    ReplyDelete