Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Mill

Another concept sketch done in photoshop
for the same show. I was inspired by
artists like Van Ruisdael and John constable
for achieving the Dutch-like impression of
light and shape. I also looked at Bierstadt's
paintings for Romantic light and color.

21 comments:

  1. That is just amazing and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap! that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn dude, the last couple posts are unbelievably good! Okay, now i'll be speechless like everyone else. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing...ly bad,hahaha
    no no,just a joke.absolutly fucking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The character design it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe!!!
    amazing! Constable and Bierstadt are fantastic ispiration, and yuor work honour these artists!!!
    damn good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so great, man!
    you perfectly achieved the romantic look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So retro yet from this time. Like old-school dutch style vs Myiazaki. I like your ideas, this is very romantic (in a fairytale-like way). Maybe to put the trees a lil bit less dark would heighten the deepness of the pic and make the houses pop out a bit more. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great suggestion for atmosphere, I will give it a try...

    Thanks Martin

    ReplyDelete
  10. S T U N N I N G !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete